Teh Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IRC Chat option added.

Spawn
    Spawn
    Administrator

IRC Chat option added. Empty IRC Chat option added.

Post by Spawn

If you look in the header, you will see a link to IRC Chat. As an alternative to the chatbox, I made a link to Mibbit and to our chat room. If you register on Mibbit, it will save your info for you so you don't have to do anything to log in. It takes you straight to the page to get into the room, so you don't have to fiddle with anything. Also, if you login, you can customize the chat to your liking. Best of all, it is free and if you have adblock, adless. Connects quite well, although I do recommend doing a command when you get on:

/setname SomeRandomName

Else your IP/Host will show in that area.

I hate to say it, but if you are paranoid about your privacy, don't get on the internet. You are identified by an IP address, and pretty much anything anyone can get from that is what town you live in and what your USP is. They would have to contact your ISP for your name and info, of which your ISP wouldn't give up to just anyone.

This network makes an effort to mask your IP, and if you do the /setname command, you will be further masked by Mibbit. The host name for mibbit just identifies you by client. Other than that, no info can be taken from that.

But yea, if you are that concerned about your privacy, don't go on the internet anymore. Connecting to IRC is like connecting to any other site. Your IP is thrown out there (Unless you proxy.).
    Share this post on: reddit

No Comment.