Teh Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Bluenet has an arcade!

Spawn
    Spawn
    Administrator

Bluenet has an arcade! Empty Bluenet has an arcade!

Post by Spawn Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:24 pm

Found a good host for it too. I have 1GB to fill up with games, so if you want, head over and request some and play!

http://bluearcade.2hostu.net/
    エメムオ
    エメムオ

Bluenet has an arcade! Empty Re: Bluenet has an arcade!

Post by エメムオ Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:44 pm

Good eh. ima try it sometime ill head over there.
    EnGulf
    EnGulf
    Keeper of Beauty

Post by EnGulf Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:08 pm

What a coincedemce. My forum NBN also has a brand new arcade. I just opened it to the members about 2 days ago.

We have I think 16 games right now but im adding a few more tomorow.

Qwerty already new about this tho.

http://nbnet.forumotion.com/portal.forum?pid=2&sid=47deb323545514f3e20a0b753b948206
    エメムオ
    エメムオ

Post by エメムオ Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:43 pm

I think i head to both NBN and Bluenet to try out those for fun. I think Q will move on again, never know if he will. I don't have sympathy for the past as i grew up my gaming friends while Brawl first came up and now with nobody left except you guys. I think time will decide if i either will keep up or have to leave the internet behind, as long my Wii, Nintendo WFC, all basic services function then ill keep checking around.
    Spawn
    Spawn
    Administrator

Post by Spawn Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:09 pm

I have like 46 games as of now. Another admin was adding stuff to the arcade as well. (I love how I can just assign someone rights to add games and I don't have to give them FTP access.).

I think we (Bluenet) will remain rooted for a while. Got a nice free host for both the main forum and the arcade, so yea. Smile

Soon to be getting a cash mod. (Most likely will be installing that MOD tomorrow.)

Also, Tainted, how did you get that arcade on Forumotion? Thought they didn't have one. Ick, just embedded them. I did that at one time, but found it to be better to just open a forum and let people post. I actually had that running before I got a real arcade going.
    EnGulf
    EnGulf
    Keeper of Beauty

Post by EnGulf Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:56 am

You created a brand new forum for yours?

Indeed I embedded, in my opinion it looks better than just having it in the forums. Though it is a lot of work. I may change my approach soon since I just finished the Arcade it wouldn't be too hard to uproot everything.

I also created a portal for it where I can list submitted high scores and etc. I'm afraid to let any of my admins really mess with the arcade because the code is so delicate.

I'll continue running the arcade the way I am and explore other options. I have it so members can submit games to me and I will add them.

Indeed it is more work but it looks great.
    Spawn
    Spawn
    Administrator

Post by Spawn Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:37 pm

Yeah, it took me like 20 minutes to set up the Phpbb3 Arcade mod. But, you have to at least have FTP access to your forum. 2hostu.net has some good service for hosting. And, yeah, I did make a new board for it, mostly because of Bluenet being on a free host itself, and they won't install the Arcade mod due to bandwidth issues.

Also, once you do get the arcade mod running, it is easier than hell to operate. Just make sections for each type of game and you can even let a couple trusted admins add games. It takes like 3 minutes to get a game on... download it from source, upload it to the site, the forum unpacks it, and then add it to a proper category and go test the high score and you are done.

I even have a mini chat mod which works a hell of a lot better than Forumotion's chat. (Even better than any embedded shoutbox too.). Runs from the host itself. Not sure what script it is using (Javascript possibly.), but I can assign rights to people on what they can do from my admin panel.

Not trying to say my arcade beats yours... but.. my arcade beats yours.
    EnGulf
    EnGulf
    Keeper of Beauty

Post by EnGulf Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:37 pm

The turn off for me is that it's not on the same site.... Hmmm I'll look into it.
    Spawn
    Spawn
    Administrator

Post by Spawn Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:34 pm

Yeah, though, running them on the same site can be a burden on the site itself. A lot of load on it, and more to deal with. Two reasons why I run the arcade on a different host than on my main forum is because one, the host doesn't want it (prophpbb), and two, I get to learn how to run a forum and learn PHP/HTML more at the same time. Also, if you do get a free host, if you want more games on it, I would go with disabling avatar upload and just enabling link to, since those can also limit space. Free forum hosters usually don't limit space, but site hosters usually limit you to like 250MB to 5GB (Depending on which one you go with.)

Also, there is a lot more work into mine, for setting up like phpBB. An auto installer might be helpful on that. Be sure to read every help file. Also, I can help out with it too. (Not everything, but installing phpBB and installing the arcade mod, I can.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:03 pm