Teh Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Details of newer game disc updates

エメムオ
    エメムオ

Details of newer game disc updates Empty Details of newer game disc updates

Post by エメムオ Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:29 am

Details of newer game disc updates CAM_0063

So i got a new game and wanted to check the update itself and found out it already carry Boot2v4 which means Nintendo is desperate for disable the hacks as soon as posible.

My Wii has Boot2v2 so accepting this update automatically update the factory Boot2 for the newer one, not only remove bootmii but also if you try to downgrade and it brick then that's it, even is dangerous to use any region changer or WAD manager to install channels.
    Guy
    Guy

Details of newer game disc updates Empty Re: Details of newer game disc updates

Post by Guy Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:58 pm

i wish they'd replace this update... it kinda bricks normal wiis too, and that's not good for their customers or their profit
    エメムオ
    エメムオ

Post by エメムオ Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:52 pm

Updates from disc is brick safe but if you want to keep the fakesigning stuff and the ease of using dangerous tools of modifying the nand memory then keeping the factory boot2 is the best option. With an updated boot2 you will not longer be able to unban yourself i believe and also i believe it affect the use of hacks online but not sure and even i no longer need unban codes for Gecko OS unless i decide to use my original copies which i no longer use to play online. I use a combination of MDMWII MAC poof main.dol on every wi-fi(Wii Online)game and WiiFlow. I can even dump my games in the USB Pen Drive so i can replace the main.dol and then use the game with no unban codes present and also i can apply texture hacks directly into the game with WiiScrubber.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:58 am