Teh Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Harry Potter series

desiking75

Harry Potter series Empty Harry Potter series

Post by desiking75 Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:55 pm

This series started out quite good but was very disappointing in the last 2 parts. However was this truly the fault of rowling, or the fault of the readers? Heres my opinion:

Rowling drew her plans for the story out before she published the first book 7-8 years ago. Back then, her target audience was us 10-13 yr olds. Now we were hooked, but she didnt account for growth- our growth that is. Her target market grew up and with age comes difference in perspective. She didnt realize the 10 yr olds were now 18 and had a totally different take on books. This in part was her fault, but we didnt really account for it either. We looked at the books which were meant for our past selves through present eyes.

Now that that's over, onto the actual story. The ending sucked. Harry may as well have hugged voldemort and turned him good. The ending was for 7 year olds everywhere, and it killed the story. No giant awsome scene, just that little crappy ending. None of it was believeable, especially Molly Weasley a fat lazy housewife killing bellatrix, a trained killer. I mean most of it was fine, but what really bugged me was this: a ginger having friends? That just blew me away. Spells that fix things, i can buy that, but not the ginger thing. (That was a joke for people who didnt get it..) Anyway thoughts?
    Guy
    Guy

Harry Potter series Empty Re: Harry Potter series

Post by Guy Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:13 am

To tell you the truth, I have never really read the series. It seems like a good read, kinda like the Eragon series.

From what you say, the ending sucks. Literally. That is a kiddie story sort of ending. They could have done much better.
    Although, maybe during this school year. I'll get a read in.
    Chief-Oblivion

Post by Chief-Oblivion Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:45 pm

Yeah... The ending duel was kind of abrupt

Harry Potter wrote:Spells were linked, after a few minutes, harry overpowers and kills him.

That's pretty much it... Give or take a little detail here and there, but quite literately that abrupt.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:00 am